Weirdness

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A wonderful article about Bruce and the aging of us all

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/bruce-springsteen-life-giver-to-the-middle-aged.html

I confess that I'm not going to see the current tour, these things are expensive, and the while this guy is bragging about seeing Bruce in the 90's, my frame of reference is the shows from 10-15 years earlier.  Oh, I'm sure that the current performance is as excellent as described, but it won't be the same for me.  And, as I've mentioned before, there's something bittersweet, (and maybe leaning towards the depressing) about rock shows for those of us well past our prime.  To their credit, there are artists who explore that and deal with it in their songs.  I'm glad to see Springsteen at the top of that list, one could add Nick Lowe and Roger McGuinn to it, (I'd also point out that one of the first rockers to recognize and seriously care about if one can age gracefully in rock'n'roll was the now-ignored Bob Seger).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home