Weirdness

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

An interesting perspective

http://www.wtop.com/139/3128654/Viral-Arlington-Cemetery-photo-draws-disgust
It is interesting that the girls in question, (I simply cannot bring myself to refer to them as adults), find the sadness and solemnity at Arlington to be worthy of mockery.  I say this because I myself find very little in this life or DC to be above varieties of humor, satire, disrespect, or even insult; but Arlington remains one of the few exceptions. I've stated before that it is as close to sacred ground that I get, and the Tomb of the Unknowns is the very center of that.  And that's saying quite a lot, I assure you.  And I just find it curious that their reaction is so radically different from my own, and that they're willing to publicize it.  To them, it is apparently Disneyland.  Some folks need to understand that just because you're a tourist, not every spot you happen to visit is an amusement park. 
Of course, like all children, they are now in the process of denying it happened, or claiming it's misinterpreted, or someone like me "just doesn't understand".  Such are the ways of youth when the hand is caught in the cookie jar.  They lie.
And let it be understood that I do not attempt to deny them their gestures, or their publishing of same.  I hold freedom of speech, expression, and the press to be even more sacred than the cemetery on the hill - regardless of the content.  But neither can they deny me the same rights in showering disdain upon alleged adults promoting hurtful behavior.  They are brats.  And those who employ, befriend and associate with them need to figure that into the equation.  Are they worth it, and what does that say about you? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home