Weirdness

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow...

As I type this, a huge snowstorm is being predicted for the DC area.  As longtime readers know, I am extremely skeptical and cynical when it comes to our so-called meteorologists' predictions for us.  It is also a matter of vast public record that we are the all-time wussiest people when it comes to snow, here.  So, I guess we'll see what happens - whether it is the 7-12" that I just heard was predicted. or less, or nothing at all.  Regardless, we are prepared here at the Manor, with enough food, firewood and bourbon to take us into the Spring, if need be.  My one and only concern is the electricity.  For some reason, it seems more and more vulnerable around here.  In my childhood, loss of power was rare, and when it occurred was measured in hours.  Now, it is much more frequent and can last for days.  I'd be curious as to why that is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home