Weirdness

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

RIP L. B. Taylor, Jr.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailypress/obituary.aspx?pid=170056704

I am very late in finding out about his death and posting it here.  I was afraid something was wrong, as it's been some time since I've seen anything new by him in print.  Taylor was a master of Virginia folklore and ghost stories.  A serious researcher, archivist and writer about those tales. The hobby of ghost hunting as become a blooming hobby in this country, and where once there was a few general books covering the whole U.S., there are now hundreds focusing on individual states and cities.  But Taylor was in the forefront, and the most prolific.  I don't think any other state's ghosts and legends have been covered nearly as well as his two dozen tomes on the Old Dominion.  I consider myself a serious student of this stuff, and he's done an invaluable service to future cataloguers and researchers. He'll be sorely missed.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home