Weirdness

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Possible outcomes of human cloning

http://io9.com/9-unexpected-outcomes-of-human-cloning-1606556772

An interesting article.  I am hardly an expert on the techniques involved, etc., but I suspect that the possibility of human cloning may be more than a little ways off.  At least with some folks that I know, there is a big difference between sheep, mice, and humans.  I would also note that the article misses what I consider to be a distinct possibility for the wealthy - cloning as a way to generate organ and tissue implants for replacement in their own bodies.  A (possible) farm for immortality.  I will invite you, gentle reader, to imagine secretive "spas" in places like Switzerland and the Bahamas, where vats containing some sort of cloned beings are kept sedated on life support, and unaware, while pieces are harvested from them to augment their owners/sources. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home