Weirdness

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Wuss America

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/raising-children-on-fear/2015/02/13/9d9db67e-b2e7-11e4-827f-93f454140e2b_story.html?wpisrc=nl_wemost&wpmm=1
A nation of cops, nannies, snoops, bureaucrats, worrywarts, busybodies, and commissar wannabes.  I am convinced that I and most of my contemporaries would never have made it past 3rd grade in today's wussified state.  I would have been expelled from school, submitted to electro shock, massive drug injections, a lobotomy, and a regimen of behavior modification and manipulation that would boggle what would have been left of my mind.  Both myself and my parents would be  incarcerated for life, and a horde of state parasites would then crow how we and Western Civilization in general had been saved by their intervention. 
I've always considered my childhood to have been rather privileged and protected.  But compared to the way children are to be dealt with now, I was Conan the Barbarian.  Sheesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home