Weirdness

Monday, June 22, 2015

A great article about how the airlines hate us

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/blog/seat2B/2015/06/why-are-the-airlines-provoking-the-rage-of-road.html
And I hate them right back.  It's not just flying, it's the whole process that I hate.  The cab drivers trying to rip me off, (2 out of the past six rides); the buggy computer self-check in machines; the TSA parasites and thugs, the tiny seats and overcrowding.  I hate it all. And so, for the past several years, my wife and I have a simple set of rules:
1.  For a trip up to 500 miles - we drive.
2.  For a trip between 500-1000 miles, we think long and hard before considering flying over taking the car.

That pretty much covers the Eastern third of the United States.  Beyond that distance, we bite the bullet and get on a plane.  We just don't have enough paid leave to spend half of it driving.  But come retirement, all bets are off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home