Weirdness

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Bruce Springsteen - Possessed!

It was on this date in 1976 that I saw my first Bruce Springsteen concert - at the McDonough Arena in Gtown.  The show took place VERY close to the (in)famous Exorcist house and steps.  During it, Bruce went into a little monologue while the piano started playing Tubular Bells in the background.  he spoke of an incident that happened while he was driving around the neighborhood; this is a transcript of a concert rap that he's never used before or since:


"...The hood ornament started spinnin’ around that cross! The gas tank flew open and spit gas on my face! The cross was jammed into the radiator! Then, all of a sudden, I said, ‘Who are you?! You ain’t my ’57 Chevy, who are you?!’ And it said, ‘I AM A NEW TOYOTA!’ It jammed itself into first... popped into some wheelies, spinnin’ down the street. I commandeered a vehicle, knocked this old lady outta the front seat of this Camaro. I jumped in and started spinnin’ after my car, right? I called up my own Keith Richards; my guitar flew out the trunk! I picked it up like this and called on all the guitar heroes up in Rock 'n' Roll Heaven to help me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home