Weirdness

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Art Buchwald's Thanksgiving Story

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/23/AR2005112302056.html

Logn time readers of Weirdness will note that I post this every Thanksgiving.  It was an old DC tradition for the Washington Post to publish it each year at this time.  But they stopped doing so with Buchwald's death, so it is up to me.  His humor is out of date, and I doubt there are many fans amongst the young, nor will there be in future generations.  But his column was a part of my growing up in the DC region, and the satire in it was one of the things that got me into studying politics, even at a young age, (which I suspect was my Father's intent when he introduced me to his writings and column).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home