Weirdness

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I've Been Living A Lie...

As you will remember, several of the 9/11 hijackers had acquired Virginia driver's licenses to aid in their plot, embarrassing the state in the process. The result is that now it is easier to gain access to the missle controls of a Trident submarine than it is to renew one's license here.
The Department of Motor Vehicles now checks its data against that used by Social Security; if there is a discrepancy, you must correct it before a new license will be issued. As usual with me, there was just such a problem, (sigh).
So I go to the local Social Security office, whose attractiveness and decor is straight out of Kafka, and get my problem fixed up (hopefully). It turns out that they had me born in Virginia (I was spawned in D.C.), that my birthdate was in December of '65, (nine years after the fact), and that I was a woman!!! The psychic scars will never heal, (and I feel a strange compulsion to watch Ed Wood films....).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home