Weirdness

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day

In my lifetime, it seems that the media has gone from portraying fathers as omnipotent godlings, to authoritarian bastards, to stooges for their kids' wisecracks. The Metro Section of today's Post has an obnoxious and petty article picturing them as ignorant and buffoonish know-it-alls, (I'll give the Posties this, if anyone is an expert on know-it-all clowns, it's them). I have my own dark theories as to what motivates these people and their portrayals, but will spare you.
I can only say that my father never matched any of those ludicrous descriptions. I hope yours doesn't either. Family relationships can be tricky things; but I hope you can enjoy your father's company tomorrow, (or soon). Happy Father's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home