Weirdness

Friday, January 16, 2009

It's starting....

My commute home this afternoon was fine, I guess. After all - I made it. But the Inaugural weekend has started. Up on Seminary Road I got caught behind a woman with Florida plates who managed to twist her car into three different cardinal directions in the span of about 50 yards as she attempted to figure out where she wanted to go. (I know where I wanted her to go...). The last I saw of her, the ditz was zig-zagging merrily down towards Quaker Lane. She was immediately replaced by some dude in an obviously rented limo who was too busy pulling his head out of his worthless ass to pay attention to the THREE lanes that he somehow managed to straddle - being hopelessly lost and not wanting to commit to any particular path. I left him heading North towards the District. Good, they know how to take care of the infirm and weak... The trip on Shirley Highway was remarkably easy, except for the number of apparent out-of-towners who, in a state of catatonic panic, insisted on only going 45mph, even with no one ahead of them. For anyone around here, such behavior is an abomination to both god and man. If I had wanted to, I could have killed them - and there's not a jury in 50 miles who'd convict me of anything other than self defense and justifiable homicide.
At any rate, I am home now, and not planning on moving for four days. I've got huge stacks of both books and DVD's, the refrigerator is full, and Linda's on the way home with a gallon of Virginia Gentleman. Let The Deluge Begin....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home