Weirdness

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Joe Cocker performs She Came In Through The Bathroom Window

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1gUfCIaDvA

It's like Star Wars - many years ago and far far away. Cocker's second album had just been released. I was in high school and it was, (I think), late Fall. I entered the classroom for my world geography class, and the teacher (a local legend named Ed Raskind) was playing it on a hi-fi he'd stolen from the audio/visual room, (it was the 60's, kids). I fell in love immediately, (with the album, NOT Ed...). I think we both agreed that Bathroom Window was the standout track amongst a host of strong contenders. He played it at least three times during that class period, (I know, I know, we should have been studying geography, but one has to prioritize). And that album is still one of my faves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home