Weirdness

Friday, July 23, 2010

Tru Fax & The Insaniacs perfrom Pictures of You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmSuJ0elEwU

A DC band that I absolutely LOVED. I still vividly remember the first time I saw them. It was a cold wet Winter back in '79, and my ol' friend Cliff and I wandered over to a VFW Hall by his apartment for a punk rock show featuring a couple of bands. Local legends, The Nurses, were the headliners, but Tru Fax blew me away with their charm, songwriting and cool vibe. Their album, (which is fabulously rare), is well worth hunting for. I am reasonably sure that they were the ones to coin the term "Washingtron"* in their song of the same name.



*If you're not a native, this will be meaningless to you, my apologies. But it fits here perfectly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home