Weirdness

Monday, October 25, 2010

Me VS Mao!

My old friend Mike is currently over in China; and he tells me that they've blocked my blogs!  At first I was just curious, even amused, at the action, but then I started thinking that probably my most appreciative (and least critical) audience would be folks that can't read or understand what I'm writing.  Now we're talkin' serious business -  I am picking up the glove!
I'm already considering various strategies to be encompassed in a 5 Year Plan.  Perhaps hiding the blog within fake sites, or moving it around to new areas of the web untouched by the Chinese firewall, (I'm thinking of calling this maneuver "The Great Scroll").  Am also considering creating many small sites with various postings, hoping to overwhelm the censors, (under my new motto "Let A Hundred Typos Bloom!"). 

Being a traditionalist, I've also attempted to launch propaganda balloons against the PRC, (containing my blog entries), but for the first time in my life, seem to lack enough hot air to succeed at something. Undeterred, I'm opening up several new fronts - am cutting waaaay back on the number of Chinese food deliveries that we send out for, have taken to wearing an old button proclaiming "Unleash Chang Kai Shek!", and turn off the TV whenever Connie Chung is on the air.  Brutal measures, I know, but war is never pretty, and is not for the weak of heart.  We'll see what happens in 5 years...


(Thanks for the news, Mike!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home