Weirdness

Friday, November 19, 2010

Iron Sky and the myths of WWII

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/8139811/Nazi-spaceship-film-sparks-UFO-debate.html

I really am looking forward to this movie, but dread the collateral damage of yet another wave of lies and gross exaggerations about nazi technology.  Serious historians disproved a lot of this many years, ago.  Much of it was made up by a neo-nazi in Canada, in order to sell books to make money for the cause, etc.  I don't remember all the details, mostly because I try not to waste too much time on obvious frauds.  The History Channel seems to take particular delight in accepting at face value every rumor, hint, or out and out lie about nazi secret weapons.  That is when they can pull themselves away from the ramblings of Nostradamus...
This totally fictional movie is going to start the whole thing up again, I just know it.  We'll be dealing with books and TV shows breathlessly announcing that the Germans were but days away from developing double-secret super-duper stealthy, supersonic, atomic powered, limitless range, anti-gravity spaceships delivering unstoppable radioactive ruin on one and all.     Yawn...
Military history, and WWII in particular, is fascinating enough.  You don't need to make up stuff.  Well, at least I don't.

1 Comments:

  • Nice posting Mendip .... I been wondering about some of this myself, because I watch the History Channel like the masses watch "Dancing with Dick's" or whatever. But I have seen some stuff on there about hidden Nazi Technologies that has made me question what was up! This is the first time I heard anyone talk about this in question, Thanx

    By Blogger Ranch Chimp, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home