Weirdness

Monday, November 01, 2010

New video from Bruce - Save My Love

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/01/old-new-borrowed-and-bruce-springsteens-video-for-save-my-love/

I know, there's a lot of hype about it.  But the release of the The Promise is going to be a milestone for  us Tramps.  Oh, despite what CBS claims, a lot of this stuff has been around in bootleg form for over 30 years.  But it'll be great to hear it cleaned up and edited by professionals and will hopefully show younger people what all the hubbub was about back then, and remind those of us who were there not only how great Springsteen was, but how important to us in that time and place. 
I've written here before about those times, and what they meant to me, (and many of you who were there with me).  They were full of the human experience, and Bruce was able to capture it perfectly, (in my not so humble opinion).  Listen to Darkness On The Edge of Town and you can never again say you don't know what it was like on the mid Atlantic of the East coast in '78 - you were just there, pal....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home