Weirdness

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My annual plug for Count Gore De Vol

http://www.countgore.com/

well, we're getting into Fall, and to me, that means an emphasis on Halloween and horror...

As regular readers will know, I am a big fan of local TV ghost hosts.  Yes, they can be amateurish, but there is a freedom, an originality and a sincerity there that totally escapes almost all major network and corporate productions, by definition.  I'll pick these folks over 99% of whatever's going on with the rest of TV. 
DC has had several great ones, but my fave is Count Gore De Vol, who started out on Channel 20 about 35 years ago.  His show got dropped a long time back, but he always had a great fan base, and when he resumed his show, Creature feature, it on the Web, (the first ghost host to do so), we followed, and he's gained a national following since then.  The films shown range from no-longer-copyrighted B-movies, to superb amateur and newcomer efforts.  The site is a nice trove of info and reviews on all sorts of horror and fantasy pop culture - conventions, events, newly released films and books, music etc., and I highly recommend it.  This week in particular I urge you to check it out - the good Count is showing "Horror Hotel", an almost forgotten early Christopher Lee occult thriller that I consider top notch.  You're not a serious horror movie fan if you've not caught this one.  Enjoy, and keep up with Gore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home