Weirdness

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Geneva Tsunami

http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/10/tsunamis-lake-geneva?fsrc=nlw|newe|10-29-2012|3970448|35096511|

A fascinating (to me) article on science explaining history.  And frightening.  I had the great pleasure of visiting Geneva once, many decades ago.  My Father had spent quite a bit of time there and showed his family the city, and I loved it, (and have always wanted to return).  It was attractive and cosmopolitan, in a DC sort of way, and I felt at home there.  And it had Davidoff's, probably the world's leading tobacconist. I was a pipe smoker at the time, and remember buying several samples and feeling quite swank and sophisticated, being a grizzled 17 year old....  And I purchased and smoked my only Cuban cigar, there.  I cannot remember the brand at all, I'm afraid, and didn't think a whole lot of it, (but that may be unfair, as I don't consider myself much on cigar knowledge or compatibility).  At any rate, Geneva was cool. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home